Monday, January 31, 2011




I finally got around to organizing my studio today. It was very messy and chaotic to work in. Once clean and tidy, I could photograph some new jewelry without having to shove stuff aside.

I've been using a lot of copper wire in my jewelry making lately. It's fun to get out my blow torch and melt the ends of the wire into beads to be hammered flat. And it looks cool when it's oxidized. Steel wire is much harder to melt because it needs a higher temperature and the torch just doesn't cut it.

I'm reading this book now. I started reading Stephen King when I was about twelve and had to stop  for a few years because I began having nightmares. I guess twelve was young to be reading books like that, but I was an avid reader and I read whatever my parents were reading. I began reading his books again in my early twenties and I have read almost everything that he has written. What are you reading?

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Gina ;o) Isn't being organized great! I find though, as soon as I get organized, things get messy again soon! LOL! I love the big white pearl earrings!! I'm sorry, I don't really read?? Maybe I should start!! I do like mysteries, and horrors!!