Sunday, November 11, 2007

The stores are filled with Christmas trees and decorations. Christmas commercials are playing on tv and it's zero degrees outside now. So...I thought I would post this watercolor painting of a Christmas scene. Although there is no visible sign of anything Christmas in the painting, that's what I think of when I look at it. I don't have this painting anymore because a very good friend of mine saw it and fell in love with it, so I gave it to her last year for Christmas. I do think it is time to do another little painting like this. Toasty warm in my studio, with carols playing softly in the background, I will paint a beautiful little Christmas scene just for me.

4 comments:

ELLA ELVIANA said...

how lucky your friend were! *envious*
gina, this is SO beautiful! i'm speechless.

ELLA ELVIANA said...

oh and Gina, yes, you SHOULD make your own tarot deck, i bet it'll be amazing!

Valaine said...

Beautiful work!! :)

lee said...

Yes it does remind me of christmas in Canada, and what a lucky friend to get something so beautiful